"THE RICHNESS, DEPTH & TEXTURE OF HER VOICE MAKES HER A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH IN THIS AGE OF COOKIE-CUTTER SOULLESSNESS."
- Lee Groves, UK Producer (Goldfrapp, Depeche Mode, Basement Jaxx)
Drawing from a pool of visual and musical influences, Daina Demillo's tracks are a sonic allusion to the complex universes of photographer Helmut Newton, film directors Alfred Hitchcock and David Lynch, and film composers John Barry and Bernard Herrmann. Demillo also cites 1930-1960s art and culture as well as films of the art-house and noir genres as influences for her music.
Shortly after Daina Demillo embarked on her first solo project and collaborated with UK producer LEE GROVES, she performed her first solo show in Paris, France, at Le Theatre du Renard, which led to more performances at notorious Parisian nightclub LE BARON during the CANNES FILM FESTIVAL. Demillo has also performed at prominent Australian venues including Enmore Theatre, Beach Road Hotel, Venue 505 and Lazybones Lounge.
- Support for George Clinton and the Parliament of Funk, ENMORE THEATRE, Sydney, Australia
- LE BARON Nightclub, Cannes (Film Festival), France
- RENARD THEATRE Paris, France
- Happy Birthdays in Paris (Uniqlo/Comptoir des Cotonniers/Princesse Tam Tam) ROTHSCHILD HOTEL, France
- HOTEL BAYERISCHER HOF, Munich, Germany
- THE VANGUARD, Newtown, Sydney, Australia
- LAZYBONES LOUNGE, Marrickville, Sydney, Australia
- BEACH ROAD HOTEL, Bondi, Sydney, Australia
- VENUE 505, Surry Hills, Sydney, Australia
- CIVIC HOTEL, Sydney, Australia
- THE BASEMENT, Sydney, Australia
- ANNANDALE HOTEL, Sydney, Australia
- DING DONG LOUNGE, Melbourne, Australia
- QUEENSBRIDGE HOTEL, Melbourne, Australia